If you have been reading my blog, you will remember I posted about Chewie back in March last year. Time flies and I am glad there is closure. If you wish, the link to my short post last year: http://scubatoo.blogspot.com/2006/02/clean-bill-of-health-to-chewie.html
I am glad justice has been done for Chewie.
I am sure there are many humans out there who must have read the article. Some may be standing on Chewie’s and Uncle J’s side whilst some may do otherwise. That is ok for everyone is entitled to their opinion.
After his discharge from Doggie Hospital, Chewie came to my house to recuperate and I had been with him - talking to him trying to make him happy, until the day we went home. Our owners decided Chewie was not going back to his home to recuperate and convinced Uncle J to let him stay at my place. Uncle J agreed.
Not many people know but Mom grew fond of Chewie and was sadden the day Chewie went home.
His first week after discharged
Chewie can lie on his left side after spending a few months in the playpen.
If you have seen his condition, you will feel that NO DOG should be treated like that i.e. beaten by some sick psycho.
Why am I calling this person a psycho?
- how can a man have a female name as a surname ( joking)
- how can a normal person beat a living thing when he / she / it is defenseless (Chewie was tied to grille)
- how can a normal human ‘trick’ his future mother in law into paying for his petrol and meal (bet you guys didn’t know that. Chewie told me one afternoon. Chewie didn’t like the way his grandma was treated)
- how can a sensible man insist and demand that his future mother in law prepares his morning tea / coffee / breakfast for him.
- how can he continue to whack Chewie with the bamboo pole despite the neighbours shout - begging him to stop.
- How can he offer to buy Uncle J another dog to replace Chewie. For all parents – if your child have behavioral problems, how would you feel if someone says to you “give your child up, there are others in the orphanage. I will find you a better behave one”
- How can one be sure Chewie's aunt won't be beaten up if she ends up marrying him
For those human out there who do not know Chewie, let me give you a brief history. Chewie didn’t have a happy puppyhood. His first owners gave him up. Uncle J felt sorry for him and adopted Chewie. With Uncle J’s love, Chewie was able to socialise with other dogs.
During his recuperation, his close friends and their owners visited him everyday. Friends like Rafv, Joey, Jack, Tommy, Herbie and Buddy (and others whom I do not have their pictures)
I can tell you even my feline siblings knew he was not well.
For all my human friends out there – please do not ASSUME if you don’t know the whole story.
My dear mom always say – MEDIA HYPE (don’t they get the facts right !!!!)
Just remember ASSUME is – to make a ASS out of U and ME
If anyone wants to know how Chewie is doing? He is doing great. Able to run and hop. He spent last Sunday with us at the beach and even attempted to swim.
He celebrated Christmas at my home last year.