Sign my Guestbook

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sam-I-Am (The GR)


I am relieved he is not the Sam-I-Am that I know


This was on today's newspaper in Singapore. The wordings were

LOST DOG REUNITED WITH OWNER

A pet golden retriever thought to have been lost for good was finally found – two years later and hundreds of miles away from home.

Owner Alice Baines and her family, who live in South Tampa, Florida, lost Sam-I-Am in 2004 when a hurricane destroyed their backyard fence.

No one knows how Sam turned up as a stray in Illinois last week. It was unlikely he walked because there was no damage to his paws.

A microchip inserted into the dog helped shelter workers identify him.

Last Thursday, a grateful Ms Baines flew to Chicago to take Sam home. When they were reunited, Sam stepped on her feet and then sat on them – just like always

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel happy for both dog and owner! its a miracle they found each other.

i will never be lost from my slave. i always come back on command. i think it is my brother russell who may be lost cos he is so naughty!! lets make a wish that all dogs will never be separated from their owners!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is such a happy ending!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Anonymous said...

we saw this on the football game on tv the other day, SO exciting and happy!

Charlie said...

That's a good ending! And we're glad, too, that it's not the Sam-I-Am that we know.

Thanks for the Christmas card, Scuba!
- Charlie

Anonymous said...

Wow... mum got a little choked up reading this. How fortunate this must be for the dog and the owner. I wonder if the same thing will ever happen to Beau and his mom...

Thanks for posting this Scuba.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Scuba, lets hope that 2007 is a great year for all doggies and humans too :-)

Love
Opy

Anonymous said...

Scuba~
What a Happy Ending ..I love happy endings .I am happy for "Sam I am "sniff-sniff

Lot's of Lick's
Sam